Our love affair with liquid lipsticks continues...
They came, they saw, they conquered. This is true for ColourPop. Their products, especially the liquid lipsticks, are all the hype these days! We were so excited to try them out when we received our first ColourPop package. I, for one, am a huge fan of bold lips. To be honest, flushed cheeks, a highlighter and a bright lip is all that I ask for. Although my stash is full of similar bright hued lipsticks, I chose to go for some eye-catching colours from ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip range yet again.
The thin and lightweight formula glides onto the lips smoothly and leaves super intense pigment-rich colour with a bold, ultra matte look. It's very long wearing and completely kiss-proof!
What Do I Think?
The packaging consists of a simple but good quality plastic tube that comes enclosed within a white box. These have thinnest formula among the ones I have tried up till now. The others have a creamy consistency, which takes a bit longer to dry and set. This isn’t the case with ColourPop liquid lipsticks. Since the formula is quite thin, these dry within a few seconds so you need to be very quick at application. The pigmentation and staying power is the best I have seen until now in any liquid lipstick I have used. These stay put on your lips for 7 hours straight before they begin to chip off. Completely water-proof (haven’t checked the kiss-proof claim though :-D). Sadaf has kissed her stuff toys while wearing it and supports this claim. You have heard it all before, right? On the downside, these are quite tricky to apply especially if it’s the first time you are using any liquid lipstick.
Here are a few tips that will help you get the smoothest and most flawless application with ColourPop liquid lipsticks.
- The formula of these lipsticks isn’t best friends with flaky lips. Therefore, scrubbing your lips really helps it go on smoothly.
- When I first applied these I felt my lips withered under the product when it dried! (Yes, that’s the effect an ultra-matte lipstick has). It wasn’t the most comfortable experience. I realized later where I was going wrong. Applying these on dry lips won’t leave you comfortable with the product so make sure your lips are hydrated.
- Line your lips first. Unless your hands can move with the amazing speed of The Flash, I would not suggest skipping lip liner. Lining your lips directly with the product’s applicator may require you to go over and over again on your lips which will only create a mess.
- You get a blob of the product on the applicator when you take it out of the tube. Instead of removing the excess, stretch your lips very slightly. Then apply that blob starting in the middle and spread it evenly over your lips. Do this twice, once for the upper lip and once for the lower. Let it dry and do not press the lips together until the product has dried completely.
- Do not layer it up because you don’t need to. One swipe and that's all you need to get opaque coverage. I tried layering it up but it did nothing except ruin the intact layer beneath.
Ouiji: Neon coral. The perfect summer coral.
Highball: Hot pink. A universal blue-hued bright pink.
Mars: Bright fuchsia. A shade that anybody can rock.
ColourPop’s Official Website. We got ours from the Facebook store Indelath.
Thin and lightweight formula
Dries matte within a few seconds
Opaque coverage in a single swipe
Opaque coverage in a single swipe
Tricky to work with
Have you tried these? Yay or Nay?
Fizzah and Sadaf
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at firstname.lastname@example.org